Welcome to your first project check-in.
During this lab, your team will pair up with another team. At the beginning of this lab, we assigned each team a number. Odd-numbered teams will pair up with even number teams. If we have a team left-over they will join the team that was assigned the highest number.
During this lab, each team will demo their app to there partner team. The partner team will then evaluate another team via a secret written ballot. Each team member will vote by providing a score between 1 and 5. The average score will be assigned to the team.
1. No progress, it will be impossible to complete the project by the end of the class.
2. Limited progress, it will take significant effort to complete the project by the end of class.
3. Average progress, with effort, it will be possible to complete the project by end of the class, but the project will most likely be buggy and unpolished.
4. Untrack, the team had made significant progress. With continued work, they will be able to complete a polished project.
5. Exceptional. This score is reserved for teams in the top 1%. who have made exceptional progress and will have a polish project at the end of the class. Since there 32 only one team can get a score of 5.
Think of this as betting on the team. On the final presentation day, the team will be assessed by the Teaching Team. If the score we assigned the team is less than the score you assigned the other team. Your team will lose 1 point. However, if the score you assigned other team is less than the score we assigned the other team your team will get 1. This means it is in your interest to evaluate carefully.
Ask the team to show you their project submission so that you can see the things that they elected to do. Provide advice, and technical help.
Please 12 minutes evaluating each other and then spend the other 38 minutes helping the other team. Don’t leave lab early unless you are a 5 team.
To complete your submission, write a list of the 5 things that the team would need to increase their score by one.